January 10thThis week we started our new Science unit: Hearing and Sound.
We're off to a good start! We're excited about this new unit.
We have been playing "What's that Sound?" We have been listening to sound effects and trying to figure out what the sounds are. It's been fun!
We have been discussing and investigating the fact: Sound is the result of vibration!
We watched the video Magic School Bus video: Inside the Haunted House. (found on Youtube) This is a great story. We also have the book in our classroom.
Here are a few of the things that we learned from this story:
- sound comes from vibrations
- vibrations move through the air
- an echo is sound bouncing off of something
- we saw what sound waves look like
- we learned how instruments make sound
- and learned that high sounds are from fast vibrations and low sounds are from slow vibrations.
|Click on the book to read a Goodreads Summary.|